Gazipur, Oct 10 “A fireplace broke out at a shoe manufacturing unit known as FD Footwear Limited in Ulusara space of Baripara in Kaliakair upazila of Gazipur. The hearth began round Four pm on Saturday. Not less than 5 manufacturing unit staff have been injured within the blaze. It’s not attainable to manage the fireplace as there are several types of chemical substances contained in the manufacturing unit. Intensive harm is being feared on this incident. Six items of the fireplace service are working to manage the scenario until 9:30 pm on Saturday.
In keeping with the fireplace service and native sources, the fireplace began from round 4.30 pm on Saturday contained in the one-storey constructing of FB Footwear Restricted in Ulusara space of Kaliakair. Inside moments it unfold all through the manufacturing unit. The hearth just isn’t extinguished till the chemical burns out. Fireplace service personnel are working to forestall the fireplace from spreading. Initially, it was thought that the fireplace may very well be brought on by a chemical or electrical brief circuit within the manufacturing unit.
Kabirul Alam, station officer of Kaliakair Fireplace Service, mentioned six items of the fireplace service have been working to manage the fireplace on the manufacturing unit. The precise reason for the fireplace and the extent of the harm couldn’t be decided instantly.
At first, safety personnel and manufacturing unit staff tried to place out the fireplace with their very own hearth extinguishers. However when the scenario received uncontrolled, they reported it to the fireplace service. Upon receiving the information, six items of Kaliakair and Savar EPZ Fireplace Service went to the spot and began work to manage the fireplace. Nonetheless, the fireplace was not fully extinguished till 9:30 pm, locals mentioned.
In keeping with the manufacturing unit officers, the manufacturing unit had varied precious equipments, chemical substances and shoe making gear. They’ve been burnt within the hearth. They’re additionally fearing large harm.
Witnesses mentioned safety personnel abruptly noticed smoke billowing from contained in the one-storey constructing of the manufacturing unit round 4.30 pm. Later, smoke from the fireplace unfold across the manufacturing unit. Upon listening to the information of the fireplace, the employees in one other constructing of the manufacturing unit got here out of the manufacturing unit. 5 of the employees have been injured after they went to place out the fireplace. The injured have been handled at varied native clinics.
join our telegram channel and get Top trending News in your inbox: Telegram